Monday, February 2, 2009

Can't. Get. Away. From. Facebook.

There's a silly thing going around Facebook right now where you write down a list of 25 "random" things about yourself and then send it to all of your nearest and dearest.  For those of my N&D who are not on Facebook (is there anyone out there?  Hellooooooo???) here is my list:

1. The only reason I'm doing this is because I have really enjoyed reading everyone else's and going "OMG! I love gin and tonics too!", etc.

2. I just watched "Flight of the Conchords" for the first time last night and laughed my ass off.

3. I worry that I won't get tenure.

4. I love cream cheese and black olive sandwiches.

5. I have an unnatural fondness for my label maker. Just thinking about it makes me sigh with contentment.

6. I collect: vintage canisters, Josef figurines, purses, fortune cookie fortunes and vintage linen dishcloths. Among other things.

7. I do not watch the news. Ever. I choose to remain blissfully uninformed.

8. My favorite book is Pride and Prejudice. I read it a few times each year.

9. I like jigsaw puzzles.

10. I love make-up, but seldom wear it. Same for perfume.

11. I don't know what color my parachute is.

12. I am horrible with money, but I'm working on getting better.

13. Sometimes I miss my dad so much I feel like someone punched me in the stomach.

14. Sometimes I love my kids so much I feel like I can't breathe.

15. I distrust people who don't swear or laugh at politically incorrect jokes. Retards are funny, people! Lighten up.

16. I am always surprised at how much I like my family up close.


17. I think the most important thing you can do is to be generous. I usually don't feel like I am generous enough.

18. I adore my husband.

19. I don't walk my dogs as much as I should.

20. I would have a zillion kids if Brian would let me. But he won't.

21. I wish my hair were different.

22. I don't scrapbook, but I desire to have all the tools and papers and everything else.

23. I love fabric stores and hardware stores.

24. I secretly love Martha Stewart.

25. I am happier than I ever thought I would be.

No comments: