Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Dawn of a New Era?

I am amazed. In the words of our presidink "I am filled with shock and awe." I am hesitant to even acknowledge what happened last night for fear that I will jinx us......EVERYONE SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT. That includes, incidentally, me and Brian. No anguished screaming, no sad cries of "mmooooommmmmyyyyyyy" at o'dark-thirty. Not a peep. I seriously can not remember the last time this happened, or if it has ever happened. This is also a bit surprising, given Jack's onset of what I think are nightmares and Cate's new-found aversion to the Mother Goose mural in their room. In fact, last night she insisted that Brian put a "tent" over her bed so she wouldn't have to look at MG (he draped a blanket over the sides); I figured this was a bad sign and actually went to bed early, anticipating the nightmares that were sure to come. Imagine my surprise when I woke up to the sounds of their early morning chatter at 7am!

We shall see what happens tonight. Think good thoughts!

No comments: