Saturday, March 15, 2008

CopyCat

So, my wonderful friend Lauren started a blog in an effort to keep family and friends abreast of the current happenings in her life. Although she leads a very rich and fulfilling life where many interesting and noteworthy things happen to her every day, most of her blog has centered around the ever-changing miracle that is her son, Owen. As a fellow parent, I love getting lost in the minutiae of Owen's development, and as I was reading her last post it dawned on me that not only did this blog serve as a newsletter for aforementioned family and friends, but it was also a virtual scrapbook for Owen. I mean, all this stuff gets saved somewhere out there in the ether does it not? So when Owen is 15 and feels as though no one really understands him and thus no one truly loves him Lauren can bring up the March 3, 2008 post and say "This is the day I told the WORLD that you had learned how to sign cereal. I was that damn proud of you." And then he will snap out of his malaise and go on to be a productive citizen and a credit to his parents.

In that spirit I am starting this blog. So if you don't want to hear about the wonderfulness that is Jack, Cathryn and Ava Carlson you should probably stop reading now. Also, just as a warning, my writing skills pretty much reached their apex in 8th grade, so I wouldn't set my standards too high, if you know what I mean. And I think you do.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Yay!! Join the Mommy Bloggers!!