Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Valium on the Rocks with a Prozac chaser. For Starters.

Brian has been in Vancouver since Saturday morning. That means we are on Day 5 of "Adventures in Single Parenting". Five days of whining, crying, temper tantrums and meltdowns. And the kids haven't been a whole lot of fun either.
Once again I find myself amazed that my mother managed to do this for over 10 years and did not kill us, not even once. Never put a pillow over our faces, never held our heads under the bath water. Never even dropped us off on a random corner with $20.00 and a "Good luck to you!". Not that I think about things like that. Much.
So to mom, and to all the other single moms out there, fighting the good fight, day in and day out, in what has to be the most thankless job in the universe: Thank You. THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU.
And to Brian, the love of my life and co-parent of these weanlings: If you die, I WILL KILL YOU. So you can just put down that bacon right now, 'kay?

2 comments:

WendyBird said...

Hey, now you know what it is like to be a military wife, hehehehehe. (And now you know why I had 2 kids 6 years appart!)
Hang in there, Brian will rescue you soon :-)

JennC said...

You know, I was totally thinking about you when I wrote that post. Hats off to you, chica!