Saturday, May 29, 2010

DOH!

Three days in and I've already failed. Crap.

Does it count for anything that the reason I didn't post yesterday was because I was having such a great day that I got caught up in the fun and forgot about everything else?

Had a lovely lunch with friend Sue (Indian food! Yay!), a little bit of impromptu shopping, followed by a complete disregard for work and other grown-up responsibilities, some leisurely needle-work and then dinner at an Ethiopian restaurant with Brian and Mimi. Mmmmmmmmmm.

Erin-the-marvelous came to baby sit the Mighties, much to their delight. When I picked them up from school the first question Cate asked was "Is Erin in the car?" No, sweetie. I don't keep her in the glove box. Sorry. Jack asked if they were going to have a sleep-over with Erin, and when I told him that NO, Daddy and I were just going out to dinner and we would be home later that night, Ava suggested that perhaps we should go out for dinner more often. Like every night.

We had dinner at this awesome place called Tana in Anaheim. I guess it has been there for a while, but we had no idea even though we had been searching for an Ethiopian restaurant closer than LA. We went with a group from our church: the "Foreign Foods Friday" bunch. Normally I'm not a big participator in extra-curricular church activities, but the lure of Ethiopian food was too strong........however the group turned out to be full of charming, interesting people and it was really nice to get to know them a bit better. It turns out that they don't meet during the summer, so we will have to wait until Fall to get together again, but I must confess I am looking forward to it.

Look at me getting all churchy on you! If I write about joining a bible study group y'all know what to do.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Personally,I will shoot you....food, yes...beyond that..I don't think so....MOM